Now that the National Minimum Wage (“NMW”) increase has come into force, from 1 October 2011, Business Link and DirectGov have updated their guidance which includes advice on payments involving internships and work experience placements. This was an area of uncertainly previously, with numerous organisations receiving criticism for using “interns” as “cheap labour”. However, the [...]
Our news articles are available for free for 30 days after they are placed on our website, after this time they move to our archive and are available to members only.
Please click 'Member Login' above to log on and view this article.
Not a member?
For a small annual fee of £99 plus vat you can have access to these members only features:
- Access to our archive of HR news articles;
- Watch all our online videos as many times as you like;
- Use the videos as training aids for managers and members of your HR team;
- 24/7 access to our online knowledge bank of "at a glance" and "how to" guides along with template letters and our staff handbook which contains over 35 policies and procedures;
- A helpline to a solicitor for a competitive fixed hourly fee.