The right to time off to care for others
This guidance on the right to take time off to care for others focuses on when it is appropriate for an employee to take dependant care leave. The guidance on the right to take time off to care for others includes:
- Who is a dependant?
- When is action "necessary"?
- What is "reasonable" time off
- Dependant's illness or injury
- Making care arrangements
- Dependant's death
- "Unexpected" events
- What obligations does an employee have?
- What claims can the employee bring?
- Practical steps you can take
We send regular HR news and legal updates to HR ProfessionalsFREE SIGN-UP NOW